Posted: February 20, 2019 7:03 pm
- There is a snack bar in the lobby of the Museum that has basic but delicious sandwiches, hot dogs, chili, cookies, snacks, water, and soft drinks and takes cash only. The hours are: Mon – Thurs | 9am – 4:30pm; Fri | 9am – 3pm; Sat & Sun | Closed; closed on Holidays.
- There are some sit down restaurants at Dobbins Landing, which is just to the west of the Museum. Rum Runners Cove Restaurant and Bar is attached to the Sheraton’s parking garage and Smugglers Wharf is across the street from it.
- Both the Marriot and the Sheraton have their own restaurants and the Marriot has a small Starbucks in it.
- The main drag of downtown is State Street, which is about a 20 minute walk from the Museum or a 5 – 10 minute drive. There you can find independent, sit-down restaurants and a coffee shop, as well as national chains such as Subway, McDonald’s, and Starbucks.
- The large tower you see near the Sheraton is the Bicentennial Tower at Dobbins Landing, which gives great views of Presque Isle from the top (there are stairs or an elevator).
- There are also lots of places to explore outside of downtown, including great vineyards just a short drive away in North East, PA and across the New York border; public beaches and outdoor activities at Presque Isle State Park; and Erie is about a 1 ½ – 2 hour drive from Cleveland, Buffalo, and Niagara Falls, and about a 2 ½ hour drive from Pittsburgh. These are just a few examples of things to do in downtown Erie and surrounding areas. You can visit these links for more resources:
Visit Erie: visiterie.com
Places to Eat & Drink: visiterie.com/eat-drink/
Visit PA: http://visitpa.com/cities/erie