Posted: February 20, 2019 7:03 pm
Please see the list below:
- Do bring a copy of this confirmation page and any waivers to be turned in.
- Do dress according to the weather report in expectation of spending at least 4 hours outdoors in the elements, as if you were going on a hike for the afternoon.
- Do realize that there is about a 10 degree temperature difference between being on land and sailing underway. It can be a little cooler out on the water so having a layer is recommended.
- Do bring sun protection such as a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen, and rain gear if applicable. Do not bring umbrellas – if it will look like rain, bring a rain jacket/pants/boots. Having an umbrella on the weather deck is much like opening one in an enclosed space. Plus, they are bad luck on ships and our superstitious crew won’t allow it.
- Do wear soft, traction giving shoes – Do not wear high heels.
- Do bring your own non-perishable snacks and non-alcoholic beverages in non-glass/closed containers, as we don’t provide food onboard. Water is available onboard to fill a water bottle.
- Do only bring bags or purses up to the size of a school-sized backpack. We cannot accommodate anything larger.
- Do bring cameras or video recorders if you’d like. Do not bring radios or any other device that produces excessive amounts of noise. The crew must be able to hear one another to sail the ship.
- Do not bring portable chairs.
- Do not bring alcohol.
- Do not bring very valuable items or anything you’d hate to have damaged or lost. The Flagship Niagara League and the Erie Maritime Museum take no responsibility for lost, stolen, or damaged items.