Erie Insurance Scholarship
Erie Insurance is providing FULL scholarships to 20 students in Erie City or County school districts for Niagara’s 2-week Live-Aboard Sail Training programs in 2019!
Immerse yourself in experiential learning, history, adventure, and travel! Become part of the real-working crew of Niagara – You will steer the ship, handle sail, climb the rigging (encouraged but not required), immerse yourself in shipboard life, and sail throughout the Great Lakes!
No prior sailing experience is required – just a taste for adventure and an open mind.
For more information about sailing onboard, click here.
Sail Training Program Dates:
Applicants are encouraged to apply to the specific high school sessions of Exploring the Great Lakes but are eligible to participate in any of the following programs:
- HIGH SCHOOL SESSION: Exploring the Great Lakes, First Session: June 9 – 22, 2019
- All Ages (14+) session: Monuments of the Gilded Age: June 23 – July 6, 2019. Passport required.
- HIGH SCHOOL SESSION: Exploring the Great Lakes, Second Session: July 7 – July 20, 2019
- All Ages (14+) session: Around the Mitten: July 21 – August 3, 2019
- All Ages (14+) session: The Big One: August 3 – August 25, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 15, 2019.
RECIPIENTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL 2019.
- Fill out the Flagship Niagara League’s U.S. Brig Niagara Sailing Program Application (downloads as a fillable word document).
- Submit an essay of approximately 500 words answering the following questions:
- What is sail training?
- How will you benefit from the sail training experience on Niagara?
- What does Niagara mean to the Erie community?
- Submit your completed U.S. Brig Niagara Sailing Program Application and essay using the electronic submission form below or email to email@example.com
*For more information about Niagara’s Sail Training Program contact Director of Sail Training, Joseph Lengieza, at 814-452-2744 ext. 202 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about submitting your application electronically contact Digital Media Manager, Emily Hoffman, at 814-452-2744 ext. 212 or email at email@example.com.*